Homeopathic medicines for Diarrhoea
Illness, loose or watery stool, or irritable bowel syndrome (ibs) that may occur frequently. Three or more , loose or liquid consistency stools a day is named as diarrhoea.
Types of Diarrhoea :
It can be classified into different types they are:
– Acute watery Diarrhoea : It lasts for longer and also includes cholera.
– Bloody Diarrhoea : It is also known as dysentery.
– Persistent Diarrhoea : it lasts for minimum of 14 days.
– Stomach flu : It is an inflammation of the stomach and intestine.
– Food Poisoning : It occurs when rotten food or food contaminated with bacteria , parasites are intaken. Serious care must be taken in this case
– Giardiasis : It causes by parasites called Giardia in small intestine.
Causes for Diarrhoea :
Contaminated food or water transmits bacteria and parasite to the body. Travelling in polluted areas, can also cause diarrhoea which is often known as travelers diarrhea. Infection can also come back after a long course of antibiotics. Sometimes people can even face difficulty in digesting lactose products which leads to diarrhoea.
diarrhoea symptoms :
The symptoms that are associated with diarrhoea may include , Loose & watery stools, abdominal cramps , fever , blood in the stool , nausea etc. diarrhea in children can lead to dehydration.One thing to keep in mind that diarrhea and constipation are two different problems before consulting a doctor or starting home remedies for loose motion one needs to be sure which one he is facing. A doctor should be consulted if it appears with serious abdominal and rectal pain , or have bloody or black stools along with fever above 102 F.
Treating Diarrhoea using Homeopathy :
– Podophyllum is the main medicine for diarrhoea. It can be used when the person faces frequent urgency for a stool, offensive smelling stool or when rectal pain occurs.
– Arsenic Album is used when it is caused due to food poisoning.
– Calcarea carbonica is given to infants who experiences the same issues.
– Cinchona officinalis is the remedy for diarrhoea with bloating , indigestion or weakness.
Yoga exercises are highly useful for curing or preventing diarrhoea.Some of these yoga poses are:-
– 1. Paripurna Navasana-
Also known as Boat Pose,this strengthens and stimulates the abdomen,kidneys and intestines,thus improving digestion.
– 2. Balasana-
Also called the Child’s Pose,it helps to stretch the hips,thighs and ankles,and also helps in reducing stress and fatigue.A great pose for Diarrhoea relief.
What to eat when you have Diarrhoea
Diarrhoea is directly related to your digestive system so a proper diet helps you to recover much faster than usual. BRAT diet is the best to follow in diarrhoea. BRAT stands for “bananas, rice (white), apples, and toast.”
– This diet will help you to firm up stool. This includes:
– Cereals like cream of wheat or farina.
– Soda crackers
– Apple sauce and apple juice.
You also need to keep yourself hydrated. Drink lots of water and suck on ice chips. Other than this you can also try
– Chicken or beef broth, with any grease removed.
– Coconut water
– Electrolyte-enhanced water.
– Decaffeinated tea.
– Solution like Pedialyte.
Foods to avoid when you have Diarrhoea Here is a list which can trigger diarrhoea.
– Any milk and dairy products.
– Spicy foods.
– Fried, fatty, greasy foods.
– Pork and veal.
– Raw vegetables
– All citrus fruits.
– Other fruits, like pineapples, cherries, seeded berries, figs, currants, and grapes.
– Processed foods, especially those with additive foods.
– Artificial sweeteners, including sorbitol.
– Coffee, soda, and other caffeinated or carbonated drinks.