Top Homeopathic treatments for indigestion and acidity
Updated: Aug 20
What is Indigestion?
Indigestion is not a disease itself. But it can cause a dangerous disease. Indigestion can be symptoms of any other disease also. Formulation of blood can stop and a person can start getting weak if it stays for a long time.
What is Acidity?
Acidity, a cause for heartburn usually is a burning sensation in the back of your throat , chest and stomach. The stomach normally secretes acid that is essential in digesting process and helps in breaking down the food during digestion. When there is excess production of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach it results in the condition known as acidity. Acidity or hyper acidity is due to the secretion of excess gastric acid.
Causes of Indigestion:
– 1. Imbalance in food habits.
– 2. Long gap between meals.
– 3. Having junk food in daily basis.
– 4. If there is any disease like ulcer, constipation, fatty liver, etc then it causes the problem of indigestion.
– 5. Stress and fatigue.
– 6. Cigarette smoking.
– 7. Drinking too much alcohol.
– 8. Eating high-fat foods.
Causes of Acidity:
– 1. Sensitivity to sour foods.
– 2. Consumption of too much coffee and tea.
– 3. High fiber food may cause acidity.
– 4. Low acid level.
– 5. Spicy food.
– 6. Lack of sleep.
– 7. Too much stress.
Symptoms of Indigestion:
– 1. Abdominal pain.
– 2. Heartburn or acid indigestion.
– 3. Bloating (full feeling).
– 4. Excessive gas.
– 5. Acidic taste in the mouth.
– 6. Decreased appetite.
Symptoms of Acidity:
– 1. Indigestion
– 2. Constipation
– 3. Restlessness
– 4. Nausea
– 5. Burping
– 6. Sour taste.
Remedies for Indigestion:
– 1. Avoid laying down flat, as this may worsen symptom.
– 2. Drink milk or water to ease the acid in the stomach.
– 3. Doing yoga in daily basis can cure indigestion.
– 4. Try and take homeopathic medicines for treatment as it has no side effect .
Remedies for Acidity:
– 1. Ripe bananas have potassium which can reduce the production of stomach acid.
– 2. Chewing on 5-6 holy basil leaves can help abate the acid waves in the body.
– 3. Spices like Cumin seeds, clove and cardamom help to stimulate the saliva and jack up the digestion process
– 4. Try and go for yoga daily.
– 5. Homeopathic medicines are good choice for treatment.
–Yoga practices for curing Indigestion and Acidity
Practicing yoga exercises greatly improves the digestive system and ensures proper functioning of all the organs. Some yoga poses for reducing indigestion and acidity are:-
– 1. Margariasana-
Also known as Cat Pose,this yoga pose enhances blood circulation and improves the digestive system. It cures acidity very fast.
– 2. Adho Mukha Svanasana-
Also known as Downward Facing Dog Pose, this pose oxygenates the abdomen and thwarts the burning sensation.
– The ideal Diet for preventing or curing indigestion and acidity:
Acidity occurs when the concentration of acid in the stomach increases due to indigestion.This can be prevented as well as cured by maintaining a particular,healthy diet.A healthy diet may not totally cure indigestion but it will definitely prevent it from happening.
Best Foods to comprehend in the diet:
–The best foods to include in the diet for indigestion and acidity relief are:-
– 1. Vegetables-Vegetables generally have low sugar and fats.Thus they help in reducing stomach fats.These vegetables include broccoli,cauli-flowers,cabbages,spinach,cucumber,etc.
– 2. Oats-This is a breakfast meal and an excellent source of fibre.The fibres can suck up acids in the stomach and thus reduces the risk of acidity.
– 3. Egg Whites-Egg whites have low fat and are good options for treating indigestion.Egg Yolks on the other hand,have high fats and may trigger acidity.
– 4. Ginger-Ginger has natural anti-inflammatory properties.It is used to treat heartburns and other gastro intestinal vexations.
Foods to avoid:
–The foods which may trigger indigestion and need to be avoided are:-
– 1. Dairy Products-Dairy products have high lactose and sugar content.Consumption of too much lactose results in diarrhoea as they are stored in the large intestine.
– 2. Citrus Fruits-Citrus fruits are highly acidic.They can irritate the stomach lining and cause indigestion.Citrus fruits include oranges,lemons,grapes and so on.
– 3. Spicy Foods-Spicy foods stimulate the digestive system.Every person has different tolerance levels of spicy foods and indigestion occurs on the basis of them.
– 4. Alcohol-Alcohol is toxic to the stomach lining and can cause indigestion among other problems.
Homeopathic Treatments for Indigestion and Acidity:
–Some homeopathic medicines to treat indigestion and acidity are:-
– 1. Nux Vomica-This homeopathic medicine relieves cramps from indigestion after consumption of acidic and spicy foods.
– 2. CarboVegetabilis-It removes bloating and gas in the stomach.